The data we collect about you
Direct interactions. When you visit our website(s) and provide contact information to us via the contact form, or contact us by phone, email, social media, letters and other correspondence we may receive personal information about you. The data may include some or all of the following information: your name, email address and mobile phone number, together with your job title, your company’s name, and your company’s address and phone number.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- To provide our services, activities or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries.
- We may occasionally send you marketing communications such as newsletters, invitations to events and other updates on our services (via email and post) that we think you’ll find useful, and that will help us provide you with a better service.
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
We may use your personal data for marketing-related activities, including to send you details of products or services we offer that we believe are likely to be of interest to you. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message or by contacting us using the details below.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Disclosures of your personal data
We will not sell your personal data to third parties nor will we share your information with third parties for their marketing purposes.
We may use third parties to help with certain aspects of our operations, which may require disclosure of your personal data. For example, we may use a third party to communicate with you, to host our website and related databases, and to perform other outsourced work.
We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
Your legal rights
You have the right:
- to know if we process your personal data and to ask us for a copy of that personal data, with certain limitations;
- to ask us to remove or correct any personal data we hold that is inaccurate;
- to object to certain processing and to withdraw any consent you may have given us for any processing of your personal data; and
- to ask us to erase your personal data and to port certain of your personal data to you or another provider, provided in each case that we have such data and that certain conditions are met.
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 01483 375920
Postal address: 10-12 Frederick Sanger Road, Guildford, GU2 7YD
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.